Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some Thoughts

As I was singing and worshipping in church this morning, I began to think of what it must be like to be in Heaven with my Lord and fellow believers. I imagined the joy on the faces of grateful people as they are experiencing what Paul was imagining when he said "For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain". Jesus has given me a new heart, one that aches for people to know what a REAL relationship with the Living God is like. A relationship that screams to everyone "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the POWER of God unto salvation". I long to see believers attend church because they can't go without it and they long to be with other believers, not because they feel that they have to out of some duty to God or someone else. I long to see friends and family realize that GOD has a perfect plan for their lives if they would only surrender it all to the One who created them. I am always amazed at how we can find time for everything else in our lives (shopping, movies, jobs, TV, sleeping, eating), but when God asks for a little bit, we find every excuse in the world and become distracted. "I don't have to go to church to be close to God", "I couldn't wake up on time because I stayed up doing...'. "I'll go next week", "The Lord knows I love Him", "I have lots to do", "If God wants me to stop____I am sure He will tell me or give me a sign".
Lord, please forgive us! As we say these things, you say:
"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"
Lord, let my life be an example of your love. "Let my light so shine before men that they would see the good deeds and Glorify YOU my Father in Heaven." Help me to not live a life of compromise with this world, but to hold tight to your Word and your promises. Show me how to be bold, yet loving--caring, yet unwavering.
"Give me one pure and Holy passion,
Give me one magnificent obsession,
Give me one glorious ambition for my life,
To know and follow hard after you."
If serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then chose this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15





No comments: