Thursday, July 3, 2008

CAMPING!!!

Well--we took our first camping trip with the kids this summer. We had a BLAST!! We decided to go for the gusto and we dry camped for a week with Pat's Dad about 1 1/2 hours north of Bishop in Taylor Canyon. We cooked over the campfire, made s'mores every night, went on some MAJOR hikes and visited Mammoth, Twin Lakes (thanks Linda Bridgeman!!), Bodie --the old ghost town, went swimming in NATURAL springs, and MUCH MUCH MORE!
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE LINDBERG FAMILY FOR GIVING US SUCH A WONDERFUL GIFT!!
THE TRAILER IS AWESOME, AND WE ARE SOOO GRATEFUL! WE LOVE YOU ALL!
Here are just the beginning of the pictures:


This is my FAVORITE! Owen's favorite thing to do was play in the dirt. Partially because it was EVERYWHERE :)
We took a family hike up a MAJOR hill on this day --I did it twice with Owen on my back and Pat braved it once :).

My sweet birdie having her morning cup 'o joe--hot chocolate, really!


Sweet babies

My little dirt man



Jenna's first "outhouse" experience was at 1:30 in the morning when she and Pat emerged from the tent for a "middle of the night pee excursion". She was such a trooper!

This is our "camp site"

A visit with Grandpa Ted

A lawn picture in Lone Pine

Sweet camping boy


I know that prayers from our friends and family were covering us because we had such an AWESOME trip. The kids handles the 8 hour drive with ease. They played and laughed. We had "family bonding time" and we were overwhelmed by the beauty of God's creation. I am SO THANKFUL!! What else can I say?? My Lord is AMAZING!

We end with-- of course--a video of BATH TIME in the trailer!

4 comments:

Jamie and Krista said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love the pictures of Owen in the dirt, and Jenna drinking her hot chocolate!

The Bagley Bunch said...

Oh my goodness,how FUN!! I can't wait to go camping with our kiddos!! Girl, and that pizza was AMAAAZING!! You guys are such a blessing in every way! LOVE YOU

Team Entrada said...

Camping is the best, glad you were all able to get away for such a nice vacation. Great pictures!

Tracy thanks for your sweet comment. Love you all bunches.

Kate & David said...

What Fun! It looks like you had an awesome trip. You guys got some great shots of the kids!That Owie and his many faces... I can't get enough of it and Jenna girl you are so beautiful. I miss you guys. Hope you had a burnt marshmellow for me =)
Love you all to heaven and back!!